Do you desire to stand out in the crowd ? If the answer is “Yes” then you should seriously think about branding yourself which is called personal branding. There are ways in which you could do this and that has been discussed below:
- Understand your strengths, passion and goals, and figure out what makes you unique from your peers. Know who you are and who you are not. Fathom out what your employer will miss if you leave the job today.
- Make use of the opportunities to check with your friends that how they see you as a person or a few adjectives that they could use to describe you.
- Define your goals with time-frame to achieve them, which will make you reach them.
- Identify the target audience to whom you would like to communicate your brand. It will enhance the focus.
- Be loyal to yourself and reorganize your priorities.
- You should pay attention to the details such as how your dress, compose email, behave with co-workers etc. and that should align with your brand message.
- Redraft your resume to make it define who you are and make it in line with your short and long term goals.
- Be present in social media and bring in people to follow your posts. Ensure your posts are in line with your brand.
- Host your personal website and indicate your accomplishments, skills, areas of expertise and your beliefs.
- Blogging is a great way to express your views on what you believe and ensure it is updated every week.
- Do contribute to industry publications that are in line with your brand.
- Promote yourself by speaking at conferences on what you believe and do promote your careers in person.
- Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool. Hence when you get the opportunity share your work, your beliefs with others.
- Most importantly you should review your brand to ensure that it is concise and easily understood.
Should you be interested, please contact us to train yourself and your staff on “Personal Branding”.